Shopping in Thailand has always been a great experience for the travelers that come from different parts of the world. Here they can acquire a variety of stuff ranging from cloths, electronic goods and cosmetics to jewelry, sovereigns and antiques. There are huge air-conditioned malls which sell branded goods to several street marketers that buzz with thousands of people.
People can be sure that Thailand has a lot of potential in its market to blow any amount from the pocket. Vacationers must really improve their bargaining skills while shopping in Thailand, especially when purchasing stuffs from the local and street market. There are various famous spots in Thailand where people can enjoy shopping. Some of these market areas include:
- Central World Mall: This is the second largest shopping mall in Southeast Asia. This mall includes all kinds of shops that sell apparels, cosmetic, toys, gizmos and lots more. People can even find shops selling international brands like Esprit, FCUK, Samsonite, Morgan and Playboy to name a few. The mall also comprises of shops that vend home appliances including refrigerators, micro-ovens, televisions and even washing machines. There are shops selling a huge variety of local and imported toys. Central World Mall incorporates numerous restaurants including some international chains also like KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Mc Cafe and Baskin Robins.
- Chatuchak Market: This market is one of the best ones in Bangkok. It opens only at weekend and hence is known as weekend market. The market expects over 200,000 visitors over the weekend. This market is famous for cloths, household goods, crafts, pets, plants, art and handicraft and a much more variety. As always, bargaining is the key to acquire the best.
- Floating market: Floating market is located in Damnoen Saduak that is about 110 kilometers from Bangkok. The market is known as floating market for the reason that all the all shops in this market are on boats that float on the cannel water. The visitors that come here to enjoy shopping are also seen on boats. The market is busy from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM. One can find people selling fresh fruits like papaya, oranges, grapes and beans. Most of these fresh vegetables and fruits are grown in the orchids that are owned by the shop keepers themselves.
- Khao San Road Market: This market is located near Grand Palace and it incorporates shops that sell CDs, DVDs, Second Hand books, handicrafts, paintings and even clothes. The market is also famous for its night life as it encloses several bars, clubs and pubs, as well.
- Pratunam market: Pratunam market is Thailand’s largest clothing market. One can purchase a wide range of clothing and appeals for both men and women. The market has shops that vend elephant pillows, backpacks, luggage bags, belts and lots more. There are some fake designer goods selling shops, as well that provide clothes that look identical to the designer ones and are much cheaper. One should really do a great deal of bargaining in this market to acquire all what they want.
On a whole, shopping in Thailand offers a great experience. So, if you are also planning a vacation to Thailand, do not forget to visit these markets and shopping areas.